Thursday, 23 June 2011

"Healing the Heart" Page

Hi Everyone,




I have been having a play around with Craft Artist making up a page for a friend who is having heart trouble at the moment.

I decided I would like to make a slightly different version of a "Get Well Soon" card / page; in effect a mixing of work and play.


Being an energy health practitioner, and knowing that we can send Distant Healing with Reiki, it occurred to me that perhaps I could come up with a piece of work that could act as a focus of healing intention. For more on this you might like to visit the companion blog entry on my EFT, Reiki and All Kinds of Everything blog.

As the issue was heart-related I thought about a page centring on the Heart Chakra, taking the colours associated  with it as my starting point. Pinks and greens. 

I have a photo of a gorgeous rose from my back garden. We may not be very happy with the weather over the past few months but it seems to have resulted in some super-duper roses, easily the biggest flowers I've ever seen on it. Alas, I have no idea what the name of this rose is, as it was already in situ when we moved here 15 years ago.

I decided this would make a beautiful focal point. Still on a pink and green theme, I considered suitable crystals, and watermelon tourmaline came straight to mind. I have used a selection of watermelon tourmaline images from the internet.

The heart chakra image is from Wikimedia Commons (CC by SA Mirzolot2).  The selenite information came from Brenna Coleman, www.Suite101.com.

I made background pages from the rose photo, using the plasma fill to get a pale green and pink effect to overlay the multiple rose background, made with help from Melinda's video tutorial "Create Fun Patterns in DSA",


I made some brushes from the watermelon tourmaline crystals, using one made with the slice to edge the image of the selenite heart from my personal crystal collection, and the heart frame around the rose.  

It was very interesting because all the while I worked on this project, a good few hours, I could feel energy working through me.


The intent as I worked was certainly for it to be a calm and meditative page to contemplate, in addition to all the other, more conventional things being done to help.

It certainly seemed to be received well. 

If nothing else, it was certainly a novel way of considering how best to design this piece. So is it a healing piece of art, or just a pretty page I put together? Who knows, but perhaps others might like to spend some time contemplating it and seeing if it brings a little more peace and harmony into their lives....

If you do and feel it does have a certain energy to it, I'd love to hear your feedback.



Blessings,

Karen

No comments: