Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Word Art Frames Tutorial for Serif Craft Artist/DSA2

Hello Everyone,

As I said in my last post, I have come up with a tutorial for creating word art frames in Serif Craft Artist. The idea came about after I watched Barbara Gray of Clarity Stamps demonstrating some stamps she had produced that made a feature of the O as a frame. I thought it would be interesting to see if I could come up with something similar for digital crafting.

This is the first time I have ever done a tutorial like this and I had a bit of fun making it, as it involved using some different programmes. To think that relatively recently I used to say that I was still a quill and parchment person - now I am playing with various IT tools; although they have to be simple to use.

Anyway, it seems to have worked OK, using BB FlashBack Express to record the screen moves. Cheap and cheerful, that's me.  Although I have to say, it took quite a few run-throughs before I felt happy with the end result, but I think it was worth the effort and an interesting learning experience..

I have also produced a pdf version of the tutorial as I know that I tend to watch video tutorials through once, and then go through again as many times as it takes to jot down notes. So I thought I'd do that for you.

If anyone finds any problems, please do let me know.




These are the pages that I have used this technique on. Some are shown in the video; a couple of others were made a little while ago, before I decided to make the tutorial.







I do hope you enjoy the video and the pdf tutorial and find it useful. I'd be interested in any feedback so that future ventures can be tweaked if needs be.

Other tutorials for DSA2 and Craft Artist can be found on the Serif You Tube Channel, and also on the Daisytrail website here.

Blessings,

Karen

It was brought to my attention that you have to sign up to ScribD before you can download the pdf. As I know not everybody likes to have to sign up to different sites , I have made an edit to the pdf download page so it now downloads directly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning Pages and a Brilliant Tutorial.
A great looking Blog also.
Betty

Karen Lewis said...

Hi Betty,

Thank you for the kind comments about the pages and tutorial.

I'm glad you like the look of the blog. It is in its infancy at the moment, and I have a number of links I'd like to add when I have a few moments.

Another challenge for some time in the future is to come up with my own personalised blog background and layout, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. :-)

Blessings,

Karen

Anonymous said...

Amazing pages and method. I too am a fan of Barbara Grey. Many thanks for sharing your expertise.
Kind regards, Jean (Brambley on Daisytrail)

Anonymous said...

Very good video, well prepared, clear speech and excellent explanation, thank you. Unfortunately it kept stopping so I had to keep re-starting it (don't know why, don't usually have problems) so it took a long time to watch through. However, it was well worth the wait. Great pages too. Thanks very much, hope to see more from you.

dizzy di said...

Brilliant tutorial!!!
I found your tut a few weeks ago and forgot to save it and am delighted to have found it again - and remembered to put it in my favorites!
Gotta give this a go ;o)
CHEERS!!!!!

Jane's Blogs said...

That is an amazing video ... brilliant. I will give it a go sometime. Thanks for all your hard work.

Jane xx

ikki said...

Hi Karen, thanks for your great tutorial - very interesting to a newbie at scrappin! I will defo have to have a go at this as I think the effects you have achieved are fab!