Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Bosworth - Loyaulte me Lie

Hi Everyone,

Today is the 22nd August, the 526th anniversary of the Battle of Bosworth, where the last Plantagenet King of England, Richard III, lost his life through treachery of the basest kind.

I'll not go too deeply into the ins and outs of the medieval politics of the times - suffice it to say that I am a loyal Ricardian since the age of 11, and a member of the Richard III Society since about age 14. 

If you want to read more about my interest in this most controversial of English kings you can read a blog post of mine from 2009 -The Last Plantagenet - In Memory of Richard III - Battle of Bosworth 22nd August 1485.

I did have a bit of fun this evening creating a page to commemorate the battle using photos I have taken on previous visits to the re-enactments held on the weekend nearest the date.



Created in Serif Craft Artist, the brush edge is made from images of my Yorkist White Rose lapel pin, and my pewter White Boar livery badge. The portrait of Richard and the image of his Royal Arms are from Wikipedia. The background, what little can be seen of it, is the Yorkist colours of murrey and blue. 

Blessings,

Karen

No comments: