Saturday, 6 August 2011

XP to Win 7, and Hoorah, Harley has finally found a home!

Hi Everyone,

I think I'm finally back up and running having moved everything (well, actually  I'm sure I've missed some things.... ) over from Win XP to Win 7 during this last week. 

Still, all the important programmes and files/folders are in situ, and hopefully all working the way they should. I'll doubtless find some things here and there that I will need to re-download, but I'm happy to do that on an ad hoc basis.

It took 5 days to do it - I didn't realise I had so much on there. Still it has been an opportunity to streamline things, and get rid of stuff that I never, or only rarely use. Which means more space free for crafting stuff!

It's a bit odd navigating around a new OS, and I've also moved on from Office 2003 to Office 2007, so more unfamiliar things to get used to.  

It is a little frustrating at times as I go to do things the old way, and then have to stop and think and experiment, but I am sure it will soon become second nature. In the meantime, I have a very effective way of dealing with the sense of frustration and irritation that may arise.

Photo by Oreosmeow - http://scrapsbyoreosmeow.blogspot.com/

As a result of not wandering over the Internet as is my daily wont, it was only on Friday that I learned that Harley the cat has finally found a home. Oreosmeow had posted a page on ScrapBook Flair with the details and I was delighted at this result.

I do so hope that this will be a permanent, happy home for Harley, and he gets at least the same amount of love and attention that our Lord and Lady of the house receive. Which means lots!


Blessings,


Karen

No comments: