Thursday, 10 November 2011

11/11/11 Time to Remember....

Hi Everyone,

Now the PC seems to be working again, after a second time in PC "ICU" undergoing diagnostic tests after it died on me for the second time within 4 days (at least I got a number of other outstanding jobs finally finished ) , I am able to upload the page that I made for a challenge on SBF that had to feature at least 3 clock faces.


With Remembrance Day approaching, I decided that would be a suitable focus, allowing me to pay my respects to all those who have lost their lives in conflict since World War I right up to the present day.

11/11/11 is also the day for PTSD and Trauma Awareness Day. Many who have served in the military come home bearing invisble scars and trauma, even if they bear no physical signs. 

If you are interested, you can learn a bit more about this on my other blog - Time to Remember.... and 11/11 PTSD and Trauma Awareness Day

Edited today - 11/11/11 at the end of the challenge to add that my page was picked as the Challenge Owner's Choice, so I am well and truly chuffed about that. Thank you very much, Krystal. It was so unexpected, but is very much appreciated!


Kits used Digicats and Dogs "Tempus Fugit"; Cindee's Designs "Steampunked"; Lori Davidsons "Poet's Keepsakes"; Efiesblogspot "Steampunk". The poppy wreath I made last year from a poppy off the 'net. The background images come from various sites - ww1battlefields.co.uk; oshsch.com; jaunted.com; stcuthbertscolinton.org.uk

Blessings,

Karen

No comments: