Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Dipping My Toe into the Freebie Kit Waters...

Hi Everyone,

 

I needed some gift tages for my festive presents and decided to make my own. Last year it took a lot longer to dress the tree because I was taking photos of the baubles, etc, before they went onto the tree. 

We had had a new camera in September so it was much better at taking close up shots that still looked good.

So in the last couple of weeks I started extracting the images from the photos and putting together some backing papers. It gave me the first real opportunity to have a little play in Art Rage Studio - the 2 glitter and sparkle pages are the result. I'm definitely going back to play with that!

Here is a sheet of the finished tags, left blank, for you to use, if you don't want to make your own. This is the first time I have done this, so hopefully, when you right click on the image you should be able to either save or copy them to your workspace.

Having spent the time collecting all the bits and pieces together I decided it might be nice to offer it as my very first FREEBIE KIT! So here we have it - Festive Gift Tags and Baubles Freebie Kit.

Festive Gift Tag and Baubles preview - not all elements shown.

Festive Gift Tag and Baubles Papers preview
For those with Serif Craft Artist, you can download the .pack file, ready to put into the folder you keep all your digikit packs in. Some Craft Artist Brushes are included.


This is my first foray into this sort of thing and I hope it all works as it should. The links should allow an instant download for you. If there are any problems, please let me know.

I hope you enjoy using the kit, and I'd love to hear any feedback or see links to pages made with it. I would respectfully ask that you abide by my TOU which are included with the kit and can also be found on my TOU page.

And just in case I don't find time to post again before Christmas, may I wish you all a happy and joyful time!

Blessings,

Karen

16 comments:

WendyP said...

That looks a lovely kit Karen. Well done.

Wendy

Karen Lewis said...

Thank you, Wendy. You were quick off the mark. :-)

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Dec. 19, 2011. Thanks again.

GillB said...

This is a beautiful kit and a super first 'foray' - well done and thank you for sharing it. Happy Christmas to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

thanks for this lovely kit

A struggling but hopeful disciple said...

I am impressed by your talent. What a wonderful start you have made with your first kit! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Meg said...

Fantastic. Saw your lovely card on the Serif forums and followed Alfred's link. That is very kind to share such lovely digikits. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Kit Karen. You are so clever and a big Thank You.
Betty

Maggie27 from Daisytrail said...

Thanks so much for sharing, Karen. The digikit is lovely.

marc said...

this is my first ever download i know have to learn jhow to open it in craft artist pro i have ever only used cds from serif and they go streight were they need to fingers x i will be able to get it thankyou for sharing big love marc

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this lovely kit Karen I no I am gonna love this so much. I know I late for Christmas but it will get used.

Anonymous said...

This looks very nice and I'm looking forward to using it next season :) Thank you very much for all your work, Gabi

Karen Lewis said...

Hi Gabi,

Thank you for your kind comments. :-) You don't necessarily need to wait until the festive season to use this kit as one of my Daisy Trail friends proved with a page she made for me with it. You can see it at http://www.daisytrail.com/scrapbook.html?uid=95377&context=

Kindest regards,

Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen
Thank you for the lovely kit I know I shall get a lot of pleasure using it, thanks for sharing it with us.

George

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen
Thank you so much for this lovely kit...just found your site...

Tallasanders said...

Thank you for your lovely digikit its beautiful
Marie
x