Wednesday, 21 December 2011

The Winter Solstice 2011

Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow (Thursday) at 05.30 GMT marks the Winter Solstice, here in the Northern Hemisphere. A Sacred Time from time immemorial.

Not being a Christian I don't celebrate Christmas, but I do celebrate the Winter Solstice. On my work blog I have posted a meditation that I like to carry out on this occasion and this is the page that I have used to illustrate this special time of year.


Created in Serif Craft Artist the Stoenhenge images are from Flickr.com (CCby2.0) bocan_2005 and VicWJ; and mysticrealms.org.uk. All other images my own.

It took the best part of three days to put this page together as I've been having a problem with my right eye, diagnosed as PVD (Posterior Vitreous Detachment). It sounds horrible and perhaps quite serious but is in fact quite benign, thankfully! It will prove an interesting little challenge to work on (if you are interested there are more details here) but the main thing is that I can't spend too much time in any one go at the PC as the vision becomes more blurry the longer I'm on and it's not very comfortable.

It took three separate sessions to extract the mistletoe from one of my photos, but I got there in the end. I just have to listen to my body and when the eye tells me it is tired I know it's time to go and do something else to give the precious little peepers a rest.

Tonight that meant starting on the rum truffles as I need a dummy run to ensure that I get them just right for a Boxing Day buffet. They are a Delia Smith recipe, and look quite diabetes friendly so that the OH can indulge a little. They will be ready for the first test-taste tomorrow.

As well as receiving the news that my eye problem wasn't anything serious, which certainly made me feel a lot happier in the run-up to the Festive Season, today I also learned that the page I used to showcase my Festive Gift Tags and Baubles Freebie Kit and as a Festive Greetings to my SBF Friends was awarded an Editor's Choice. Was I chuffed or what!

The "Eye" is starting to grumble again so it's time for me to finish for now. I doubt there will be another posting before Christmas so I take the opportunity to wish you all the very best for a Safe, Joyous, Peaceful and Lovely Festive time, in which ever way you celebrate this sacred time of year.

Brightest of Solstice Blessings,

Karen

1 comment:

Lotharin said...

Happy yule to You Karen