Sunday, 22 January 2012

Chinese New Year of the Dragon

Hi Everyone,

January 23rd 2012 sees the start of the Chinese New Year, this year being the Year of the Black Water Dragon.


It sounds like it could be an interesting and packed year. A lot of what I have read about this Year of the Dragon suggests it is a very auspicious year. If you would like to learn more you can find some links at Debbie McDougall's,  a fellow Reiki-Master/Teacher's site in her latest January Newsletter Extra.

After the year we have just had I'm hoping that 2012 is indeed going to be a fabulous, much more positive year! I'm certainly not in the "It's the end of the world" camp.

This was a fun page to do. It was created with Serif Craft Artist. I used AmarieVeanne - Dragon images brushes; The Dragon kanji came from Squidoo; the Chinese Happy New Year symbols came from Judy Meibusch

I made the background myself using the plasma fill in Craft Artist (I use the full Craft Artist Professional version), and Paint.NET effects. I also made my own CA effects for the dragons and kanji.

I'll leave you wishing you all Gong Xi Fa Ca! which is the traditional Chinese New Year greeting meaning “wishing you prosperity” in Mandarin.

Blessings,
Karen


No comments: