Thursday, 9 February 2012

The Fairies in Our Garden...

Hi Everyone,

At Daisy Trail a new set of challenges have come along, Beginner's and All Tutorial Challenges, run by Sunset.

I've been using DSA2 and then, more recently, Craft Artist since July 2010, but there is still a huge amount that I don't know about regarding the capabilities of the programme I use.

So these challenges are nice to participate in, the aim being to build up our knowledge as we go along.

In actual fact, the biggest challenge for me so far is to keep things quite simple, and not play about with the things I do already know about.

I'm just putting together a page for the third challenge, Add an Edge, but I was really ever so chuffed to find that my last page was chosen on Tuesday as the second choice of three in the Add a Frame challenge.


The kit I used was Fairy Garden from Daisy Trail. The background was a Quick Page tinted from the photo using the colour picker and I used Curlz MT font. Hmmm, interesting to note that the upload to DT didn't include the textured overlay (from Trulytango) which shows quite clearly here.

The photo was one of our garden taken in 2004. It doesn't look like that now, and I'm not just talking about it being winter and dormant. Hopefully this year it will look better after the work I did in it last year, plus we are planning on relocating one of our ponds, the taddy pond.

So that is something to keep us occupied, once the weather turns warmer and fairer, although it will mean even less crafting time....

Blessings,

Karen

No comments: