Friday, 3 February 2012

Spring cleaning starting early....

Hi Everyone,

It has been a busy couple of weeks. All I seemed to have been doing is painting (DIY sort, not arty) as we were having new stair and upper hall carpet and bathroom flooring laid and I decided it would be best, and safest, to get the old flooring up early and take the opportunity to paint the skirting before the new was put down.

On top of that, my OH has made us a bespoke TV unit to house the TV and all its associated bits and bobs to fit in the corner. That needed countless coats of paint as well.

On Sunday I decided to take a break from painting and finally get around to sorting the wardrobe and drawers. After 4 hours I had 4 sacks of stuff for the charity bag collection the next morning, and 2 large bags of stuff not suitable for passing on, plus a smaller bag of all sorts of odd things that I had kept squirrelled away for heaven knows what reasons, which all needed to go to the tip.

I felt quite pleased with myself now I had enough coat hangers to put everything away instead of piling up on the bedroom shelves.

Finally I was able to have a bit of time for myself and decided I'd make up a page for Imbolc, an ancient festival celebrated between the 1st and 2nd of February. I'm slowly putting together an album of the old festivals that occur in cycle as the year turns on its course, and this was fun to do.




I picked up a lot of information from StarBreezes.com, and another site I found interesting was Spiritblogger's Blog.

It looks as if the spring-cleaning bit had come to me somewhat early.

There is still some painting left to do. Now we have new flooring in the bathroom the OH can get a new bath panel put in, which will need painting, so the rest of the bathroom will end up with a new fresh coat so it all blends in.

Keeps me out of mischief, I suppose. Trouble is, it does eat into crafting time.....

Pages created with Serif Craft Artist.   Elements are all made from images from Morguefile - Snowdrops - karpati; Greenfinger; hotblack; acrylicartist; Snowdrops and Winter Aconite - kfjmiller and images from Flickr - Snowdrops - dichoecho (CCby2.0); amandabhslater (CCbySA); Snowdrops in the wood - amandabhslater (CCbySA); Winter Aconite - MarilynJane (CCby2.0); anemoneprojectors (CCbySA); Candles - Smabs Sputzer (CCby2.0); echiner1 (CCbySA).

Blessings,

Karen

No comments: